George-Axelle Broussillon Matschinga
Director of Diversity & Inclusion
Headquarters: San Francisco, California
Industry: Solar Energy
CEO: Lynn Jurich
Her Credentials: Harvard University, ESCP Europe Business School, CELSA Sorbonne University
Her Philosophy: What gets measured gets done.
In 2019, Sunrun’s director of diversity & inclusion, George-Axelle Broussillon Matschinga, designed and implemented the company’s first Diversity & Inclusion policy, strategies, initiatives, and scorecard. She and her team positioned the company as a Diversity Champion in the solar industry by:
- designing the first diversity workshop in the industry initiated by the Solar Energy Industries Association®
- securing two D&I pledges by Sunrun’s CEO: CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion and Catalyst CEO Champions for Change
- designing Sunrun’s first ERG strategy and launching three ERGs for employees of color
- providing programming for female talent
- launching an unconscious bias and inclusive leadership webinar series
- partnering with Do It Yourself Girls to support girls interested in STEM and clean energy
In 2020, the team aims to foster initiatives around three key pillars—workforce, workplace, and marketplace. Their goals are to attract, develop, advance, and retain top diverse talent; create and sustain fair and inclusive work environments; and drive profits by making solar energy and batteries more accessible.