The 15th Annual Diversity Leader Awards
PDJ Celebrates the Creativity and Commitment of this Year’s Diversity Leader Award Recipients
Every year, since PDJ began celebrating organizations and individual Diversity Leaders who are committed to taking diversity to the next level, we have been impressed and encouraged by their commitment, their intelligence, and their creativity.
The Diversity Leaders we recognize in the following pages are reaching out, locally and globally, to embrace an ever-expanding variety of employees, vendors, clients, and communities. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are central to everything they do. For many, who at one time or another have felt excluded or ignored because they belonged to a particular gender, or ethnic or cultural group, making diversity a reality is a personal imperative.
This year’s Award recipients are working to connect with a more diverse group of potential hires, reaching out to women- and minority-owned vendors, supporting their communities, and teaching company leaders and hiring managers to recognize and confront their own unconscious biases. Most important, they are cultivating workplaces that invite all employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We invite you to get to know these extraordinary Diversity Leaders. You may discover ideas and strategies that you can use to help drive your own organization along the diversity highway. And we know you’ll be inspired by their insights, their enthusiasm, and their inspiring personal stories.
2023 Diversity Leader Award Winners
- Ally Financial, Inc. – Reggie Willis – Executive Director and Chief Diversity Officer
- Bowman and Brooke LLP – Roshan Rajkumar – Managing Partner, Diversity and Inclusion Committee Chair
- Dechert LLP – Satra Sampson-Arokium – Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
- Lilly Research Laboratories-Eli Lilly and Company – William Heath – Group Vice President- Medicines Innovation Hub, Lilly Research Laboratories
- Latham & Watkins – Kem Ihenacho – Partner and Chair of Leadership Committee
- New American Funding – Patty Arvielo – Co-Founder and President
- New York Life – David Cruz – Senior Vice President
- Norton Rose Fulbright – Katherine Tapley – U.S. Chief of Diversity and Inclusion
- Ulmer & Berne – Alvin E. Mathews, Jr. – Chief Diversity Officer
- WilmerHale – Monya M. Bunch, ESQ. – Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion