2015 Diversity Leader
Latham & Watkins LLP
CEO: Robert M. Dell
Recent Recognition Includes:
- Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers, Best Law Firms for Women, 2014
- The American Lawyer, A-List, 2003–2014, (#6 in 2014)
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum, gold standard certification, 2014
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, Corporate Equality Index (scored 100 percent), 2014
- InsideCounsel, Transformative Leadership East Award, “firm-wide policies” category
- net, Training & Recruitment Awards, “Best Trainer—US law firm in the City”
- VAULT law 100 (#10)
- Euromoney’s Legal Media Group (LMG), Women in Business Law Awards, “Most Innovative International Law Firm,” 2014
- Equality Illinois, a “top Illinois law firm for LGBT inclusiveness and equality.”
Our Diversity Leadership Committee is helping Latham become a global diversity leader, says Nadia S. Sager, Partner and Chair of the Diversity Leadership Committee.
“At Latham & Watkins, our commitment to D&I is exemplified by our Diversity Leadership Committee (DLC), whose mission is to strengthen and promote the firm as a workplace where the best and brightest attorneys from all groups, including those traditionally underrepresented in our profession, will find the opportunity and support they need to fulfill their potential and become industry leaders.
“To achieve our goals, D&I must be considered and supported in every facet of the firm’s operations. With 31 offices in 14 countries, employing more than 4,500 people, this is a massive undertaking. The DLC leads the global diversity effort and collaborates with members of the firm’s Executive, Associates, Recruiting, Training, and Equal Employment Opportunity Committees, as well as the firm’s Attorney Development, Human Resources and Business Development departments. To maximize the effectiveness of our programs, the DLC supports and coordinates with our Multicultural Promotion & Attainment Coalition, an associate-driven initiative supporting the recruitment, retention, and progression of diverse lawyers at Latham, as well as our Women Enriching Business Committee, which focuses on professional development, mentoring, and networking.
“As a firm, we have embarked on a strategic initiative focused on becoming the industry leader in talent diversity. In 2013, we launched our highly acclaimed global Women’s Leadership Academy, which provides women with professional training in the areas of leadership, self-promotion, communication, and business development. And in 2015, we will be launching a global Diversity Leadership Academy, with a similar focus, for our diverse associates.”