Fish & Richardson
Industry: International Property Law
CEO: Peter Devlin
Her Credentials: JD, University of Texas Law School; BS, business, University of Southern California
Her Philosophy: I believe actions speak louder than words, and that it’s important to ensure that diverse attorneys have a meaningful and substantive role in cases.
In 2019 Fish held a record three LEAD events in Silicon Valley, Houston, and Boston that brought together more than 100 women. One of the firm’s signature programs, LEAD (Leadership through Enrichment, Action, and Diversity), develops opportunities for the firm’s women attorneys to build communities. Fish also implemented structured interviews with unconscious bias training for all entry-level positions. Structure allows for consistency in the way the firm evaluates candidates and gives each candidate a more equitable platform.
The firm’s Diversity & Inclusion strategic plan for 2020 includes six key goals:
- Educating and engaging everyone at Fish on diversity and inclusion
- Embedding diversity and inclusion into all career development processes and procedures
- Increasing the percentage of individuals from diverse backgrounds in positions of leadership by continuing participation in the Mansfield Rule and hosting the EMPOWER Summit
- Increasing the percentage of individuals from diverse backgrounds in positions of responsibility
- Increasing the representation of individuals from diverse backgrounds at Fish