The companies above have distinguished themselves by virtue of the innovative approach they have taken to advance diversity in the workplace and in the communities they serve. In almost all cases, their efforts can be imitated and implemented by others who are still searching for the spark to ignite their own programs.
We like the fact that there is so much, well, diversity, among the initiatives described here. We sincerely hope you’ll read them carefully, and then try to identify what you can do at your own business, regardless of its size.
We congratulate these companies for their unwavering and creative commitment to diversity and inclusion. They are making the world a better place to live for all of us.
Top Ten Innovations in Diversity Award Winners
- UPMC – Dignity & Respect Campaign–A Community Initiative
- New York Life Insurance Company – Teaching Important Lessons About Family Security
- KPMG LLP – Straight Allies Campaign
- WellPoint, Inc. – Bring Your Whole Self To Work–Gender Transition in the Workplace
- Sodexo – Sodexo Women’s International Forum for talent (SWIFt)
- ARAMARK – The Program of Labor Inclusion for Persons with Disabilities
- ConAgra Foods – Leveraging ERNs to Develop Emerging Leaders
- Cisco Systems, Inc. – Inclusive Advocacy Program
- Kaiser Permanente – Diversity Leadership Development Program
- Royal Dutch Shell – “P&T Jam” – Building an Inclusive Global Culture
Innovations in Diversity Awards of Excellence
- American Airlines – The Power of ERGs
- Aon Consulting – Unmatched Teams Initiative
- CACI International Inc. – Deploying Talent–Creating Careers
- Ecolab – The Power of a Grassroots Approach to Culture Change
- Georgia Power – Job Selection Training for Employees
- Gibbons P.C. – Gibbons’ Diversity Initiative’s Supplier Diversity Program
- Nationwide Financial – Diversity Learning Partners Program
- University of the Rockies – Imagine the Possibilities–Measure the Outcomes