Diversity Team Name: ADM Diversity & Inclusion Teams
Diversity Team Leader: Aurelie Giles
ADM’s diversity & inclusion (D&I) global and regional teams have been instrumental in implementing D&I initiatives across the world to continue to develop a diverse talent pool and foster an inclusive workplace culture at ADM.
Our gender-balanced teams are composed of members of senior management from different business units and corporate functions, representing multiple nationalities, reflecting the diversity within the company. These colleagues meet on a regular basis to evaluate progress and advance plans to execute D&I global and regional programs. Their efforts have led to significant achievements, including the following:
- Partnered with Paradigm for Parity with a commitment to achieving senior leadership gender parity by 2030
- Continued support for Together We Grow, a coalition of public, private and academic institutions formed to address talent diversity in food and agriculture industries
- Global workforce participation in ADM’s eighth consecutive year of inclusion training
- Implemented an HR requirement to ensure diverse candidate slates and panels of interviewers during the hiring process and put in place a procedure to track this new process
- Encouraged senior leaders to act as role models, using inclusive behaviors and communicating about D&I with their teams to promote the D&I culture
- Launched a development program for colleagues with disabilities and women in mid-level management roles
- Conducted ADM’s first Global Week of Understanding (GWU) to encourage meaningful dialogues on inclusion across our workforce
- Included corporate roles in commercial talent reviews to facilitate cross-functional feedback on talent, thus supporting the transition of corporate leaders into business roles
- Rolled out numerous D&I-related campaigns to drive awareness and spark discussion
- In partnership with external agencies, conducted equal pay reviews in multiple countries
- Provided training programs and leadership programs for highly praised female leaders
- Created lunch-and-learn sessions to introduce and increase awareness of the D&I culture
The D&I teams also ensured the recognition of women in senior management roles by nominating them for external awards and promoting their participation at D&I conferences, including these:
- Marie Wright, chief global flavorist and president of product creation, design, and development, was named a “Woman Worth Watching in STEM” by Profiles in Diversity Journal
- Manda Tweten, president of key account management, and Fabiana Bianchi, vice president of global marketing and growth, were recognized last year as winners of Profile in Diversity Journal’s Women Worth Watching award
- Mayka van Acht, VP HR EMEAI, participated in a panel discussion on identifying talent and taking recruitment to the next level at the 2019 Women in Food and Agriculture summit in the Netherlands
- North Central Minority Supplier Development Council named Supplier Diversity Lead Veronica Johnson as the organization’s Advocate of the Year and Impact Award winner, in addition to recognizing ADM as their 2019 National Corporation of the Year
- ADM was also one of just 76 employers to earn the prestigious Military Friendly® Company designation for 2020 for our commitment to recruit, hire, and train military veterans and their spouses, and to partner with and support veteran- owned businesses.
The increasing visibility of women in leadership roles has been key to promoting greater awareness of D&I issues and inspiring talented women who aspire to rise to management positions.