Title: University President
Agency: William Woods University
William Woods University, an independent voice in higher education, is seeking a dynamic president to lead the next phase of its growth. Located in Central Missouri, midway between St. Louis and Kansas City, William Woods calls 225 beautiful acres in the small town of Fulton home. Since its founding in 1870, William Woods has transformed from an orphan school for girls into a progressive University, offering bachelor’s, masters and doctoral degrees in both traditional and online settings. William Woods’ 2,000+ students have an abundance of opportunities, including 26 degree plans, intercollegiate athletics, study abroad programs, Greek life, and more. Sixty-three full-time faculty members work across five academic schools to provide education steeped in the University’s mission of a student-centered learning environment valuing inclusion, creativity, and intellectual inquiry. Focused on professions-oriented education, we prepare learners for success.
William Woods University is positioned to successfully serve its mission and constituency. The last two accreditation reviews with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) led to positive reports with no additional monitoring. In addition, the University has been proactive to secure itself financially for the future.
The new president will be the public representative for the University, will raise the profile of the University, and will lead in planning for a secure future. The president will understand the value of higher education, especially the important role of private higher education. The president will work closely with a team to value all opinions and to make sound decisions. The University values collaboration, collegiality, and transparency and expects those values to be exhibited in the next president.
The president should also be able to:
- Increase public recognition for the University as an important contributor to the city of Fulton, the State of Missouri, and the greater higher education community.
- Lead in planning efforts to assure a positive future.
- Lead successful fundraising efforts, secure relationships with donors, alumni, and community leaders.
- Support admission efforts to successfully build enrollment in campus, graduate, and online programs.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all constituents of the University.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Board of Trustees.
- Engage in student life to help create and maintain a vibrant community.
- Prepare budgets that reflect the current reality and prepare a plan that recognizes those realities.
- Partner with faculty and staff to promote the development of new traditional, graduate, and online programs.
- Encourage creative solutions and flexibility in responding to University needs.
The William Woods University Presidential Search Committee will begin to evaluate nominations and applications on June 1, 2021. Candidates should submit materials no later than May 28, 2021 to ensure consideration.
Applications should include a letter of candidacy that responds to the Presidential profile, which can be found at Apply Now , and a complete résumé or vita. All application and nomination materials will be considered in full confidence.
Please send all confidential inquiries, nominations, and applications to:
Romaine Seguin, Chair of the Board of Trustees
William Woods University
One University Avenue
Fulton, MO 65251
Address for applications:
Address for nominations:
For more information about our campus, please visit the William Woods home page at www.williamwoods.edu.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice of Non-Discrimination Statement
William Woods University does not discriminate in its educational programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
William Woods University is committed to providing an inclusive community that promotes and fosters acceptance, safety, and the celebration of differences, including attributes such as age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, sexual identity, ability, language, family circumstances and cultural backgrounds for all faculty, staff and students.