Title: Marketing Communications Director
Agency: Global Impact Investing Network
Salary: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
About The Organization:
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, over 11 years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing global network of 35,000 individuals on six continents plus a formal membership network of 350 members in 50 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org.
About The Position:
The Director of Marketing Communications will lead the development and execution of the GIIN’s external marketing and communications strategy, advancing the GIIN’s mission through a broad portfolio of strategic marketing communications activities.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing Communications will manage a team of 4-6 Communications professionals.
Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy to advance the GIIN’s mission and brand as a global leader in the growth and effectiveness of the impact investing industry.
- Shape and manage the GIIN’s outreach strategy to a range of key audiences, cultivating critical relationships through strategic partnerships, media contacts, and event participation.
- Expand and manage the GIIN’s digital strategy to significantly increase the organization’s global reach and influence across digital channels.
Operations and Management
- Lead the execution of the GIIN’s marketing communications strategy, developing team-wide and individual goals, as well as detailed project plans to achieve those goals.
- Identify strategic opportunities and partnerships to enhance and leverage the GIIN’s brand, as well as emerging communications challenges and potential solutions.
- Manage the GIIN’s advocacy and thought leadership activities.
- Direct marketing activities that promote the GIIN’s networks, products and/or services through multiple communications channels.
- Oversee the ongoing effectiveness and development of the GIIN’s websites, newsletters, podcasts, opinion pieces, blogs, and social media platforms to maximize stakeholder engagement.
- Serve as an advisor to senior leadership on communication strategy, positioning, and individual profile.
- Secure editorial coverage to promote impact investing and the activities of the GIIN, managing the organization’s media and vendor relationships.
- Manage the delivery of all aspects of the GIIN Investor Forum, a very large biannual GIIN event, as well as other strategic events the GIIN runs, and events the GIIN participates in.
- Support program teams’ communications needs around production and dissemination of reports and activities.
- Manage and support communications staff to a high standard of excellence, creating opportunities to leverage team members’ strengths and coaching all team members to grow professionally.
- 10-15 years of professional experience in marketing and communications. Experience leading marketing activities for a global organization, highly desired.
- Experience developing and implementing successful marketing and communications plans from strategy to execution.
- Experience leading and managing teams with a high standard of excellence and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft and deliver crisp, nuanced messages across a variety of platforms.
- Knowledge of the digital and social media space, with significant demonstrated success of implementation across digital platforms.
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Knowledge of the financial sector, ideally including the impact investment space (desirable, not required).
- Entrepreneurial style, with an enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This position will be based in our New York City office with significant remote work flexibility offered through the GIIN’s hybrid in-person/remote work model.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at [email protected]. State “Marketing Communications Director_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.