The 13th Annual Diversity Leader Awards
PDJ Celebrates the Creativity and Commitment of this Year’s Diversity Leader Award Recipients
Every year, since PDJ began celebrating organizations and individual Diversity Leaders who are committed to taking diversity to the next level, we have been impressed and encouraged by their commitment, their intelligence, and their creativity.
The Diversity Leaders we recognize in the following pages are reaching out, locally and globally, to embrace an ever-expanding variety of employees, vendors, clients, and communities. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are central to everything they do. For many, who at one time or another have felt excluded or ignored because they belonged to a particular gender, or ethnic or cultural group, making diversity a reality is a personal imperative.
This year’s Award recipients are working to connect with a more diverse group of potential hires, reaching out to women- and minority-owned vendors, supporting their communities, and teaching company leaders and hiring managers to recognize and confront their own unconscious biases. Most important, they are cultivating workplaces that invite all employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We invite you to get to know these extraordinary Diversity Leaders. You may discover ideas and strategies that you can use to help drive your own organization along the diversity highway. And we know you’ll be inspired by their insights, their enthusiasm, and their inspiring personal stories.
2021 Diversity Leader Award Winners
- Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) – Annie Holmes – Chief Equity Officer
- Dechert LLP – Satra Sampson-Arokium – Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
- Ernst & Young (EY) – Karyn Twaronite – Global, Americas & US Diversity & Inclusiveness Officer
- HP Inc. – Harvey Anderson – General Counsel
- LinkedIn – Rosanna Durruthy – Vice President, Global Head of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
- New American Funding – Patty Arvielo – Co-Founder and President
- New York Life – Keith McClain – Vice President and Global Head of Compensation
- RBC Capital Markets – Sandye Taylor – Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion
- Sephora – George-Axelle Broussillon Matschinga – Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion
- Walmart – Richard Mayfield – EVP, Global Sourcing & Regional CEO – Walmex & Canada
- Wayfair – KeyAnna Schmiedl – Global Head of Culture & Inclusion