The 14th Annual Diversity Leader Awards
PDJ Celebrates the Creativity and Commitment of this Year’s Diversity Leader Award Recipients
Every year, since PDJ began celebrating organizations and individual Diversity Leaders who are committed to taking diversity to the next level, we have been impressed and encouraged by their commitment, their intelligence, and their creativity.
The Diversity Leaders we recognize in the following pages are reaching out, locally and globally, to embrace an ever-expanding variety of employees, vendors, clients, and communities. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are central to everything they do. For many, who at one time or another have felt excluded or ignored because they belonged to a particular gender, or ethnic or cultural group, making diversity a reality is a personal imperative.
This year’s Award recipients are working to connect with a more diverse group of potential hires, reaching out to women- and minority-owned vendors, supporting their communities, and teaching company leaders and hiring managers to recognize and confront their own unconscious biases. Most important, they are cultivating workplaces that invite all employees to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We invite you to get to know these extraordinary Diversity Leaders. You may discover ideas and strategies that you can use to help drive your own organization along the diversity highway. And we know you’ll be inspired by their insights, their enthusiasm, and their inspiring personal stories.
2022 Diversity Leader Award Winners
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), York Region & South Simcoe – Rebecca Shields – CEO
- Credera – Nickoria Johnson – Chief Diversity Officer & Partner
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP – Yusuf Z. Zakir – Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer
- Dechert LLP – Satra Sampson-Arokium – Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP – Nikki Lewis Simon – Litigation Shareholder and Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer
- JAMS – Mark Smalls – Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer and Chair of the JAMS Diversity Committee
- Kelley Kronenberg – Harsh Arora – Partner; Co-chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP – Katerina Taylor – Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- New American Funding – Patty Arvielo – Co-Founder & President
- Pitney Bowes – Sheryl Battles – Vice President–Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement