Organization Name: GEI Consultants, Inc.
Headquarters Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
Organization Website: www.geiconsultants.com
Number of Employees: 985
CEO: Ron Palmieri
Diversity Leader(s): Co-Chair D+I Committee Daphne King; Co-Chair D+I Committee Tom Daigle
Executive Sponsor: Julie Jennings
Diversity Leader(s) Title(s) Co-Chairs, Diversity + Inclusion Committee
1. Number of minority, women, or members of other underrepresented groups that are currently C-level executive at GEI:
Our 6-member executive team includes one woman and one minority individual (16% women and 16% people of color).
- Number of members of the above-mentioned groups that have been added in the past three years:
One minority member was added.
2. Number of minority, women, or members of other underrepresented groups that currently serve on the GEI board of directors:
GEI’s Board of Directors comprises ten people, including three women and two members of a minority group; current board make-up is 30% women, and 30% people of color.
- Number of individuals from these groups added during the past three years:
Two new women and one minority were added in the past three years, although a smaller number of women and minorities have served longer. According to Deloitte, in 2020, among Fortune 100 companies, boards consist of 28.2% women and 20.6% minorities on average; GEI meets or exceeds these statistics as a privately owned mid-size firm.
3. The diversity make-up of GEI:
- Pay parity for women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups at GEI:
GEI has achieved pay parity and performs an annual review to make sure there is no disparate impact.
4. GEI posts/publishes its organization values: Organization values are published on GEI’s external website and at various locations internally, including these:
- GEI Company Culture video on YouTube:
5. Programs, policies, or initiatives GEI currently has in place to ensure fairness and inclusion in the recruitment and hiring process:
- Unconscious bias training for HR team members and hiring managers
- Cultural competence training for HR team members and hiring managers
- Diverse hiring team
- Inclusive job descriptions
- Sourcing from nontraditional talent pools and diverse groups
- Use of AI
6. Current ERGs supported by GEI:
GEI X2–ERG supporting women in the company
The organization is currently developing a framework to greatly expand ERGs, in 2022 and beyond.
7. Honors/recognition for the organization’s diversity efforts awarded during the past three years:
Five Women Worth Watching®: Francine Dunn & Gill Gregory in 2018; Amber Ahles, Ileen Gladstone & Rachel Hayden in 2019