The 12th Annual Diversity Leader Awards
PDJ Celebrates the Vision and Courage of this Year’s Diversity Leader Award Recipients
The 16 organizations and 18 individuals honored in this issue of PDJ as Diversity Leader Award recipients epitomize the best, brightest, and most committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. They represent industries such as research, insurance, law, education, finance, solar energy, computers, retail, and social networking for professionals. And they share a The 12th Annual Diversity Leader Awards PDJ Celebrates the Vision and Courage of this Year’s Diversity Leader Award Recipients passion for fairness, opportunity, and respect—at work and in their communities.
These organizations, and the individual Diversity Leaders we honor here, are changing their workplace cultures and opening doors at every level for underrepresented people—from removing bias during recruitment and hiring, to providing mentors and training that support professional growth, to ensuring that the C-suite and boardroom are open to all.
We invite you to discover these visionary Diversity Leaders. Learn about and consider their ideas; see how you might use them to make your own organization more diverse, inclusive, and equitable. You’ll be inspired by their passion, their enthusiasm, and their courage.
2020 Diversity Leader Award Winners
- Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) – Annie Holmes – Chief Equity Officer
- Dechert LLP – Abbi Cohen – Deputy Chair of Diversity & Inclusion
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield – Sady Fischer – Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- First Horizon National Corporation – Lynne Walker – Executive Vice President & Director of Affinity Strategy
- Fish & Richardson – Betty Chen – Principal
- HP Inc. – Bill Avey – Vice President, Business Development
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP – Meaghan Gragg – Partner, Co-Chair of Committee on Diversity and Inclusion and Co-Chair of Personnel Committee
- LinkedIn – Rosanna Durruthy – Vice President & Head of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP – Melanie Figueroa, Emma Luevano, and Gregory Olaniran – Co-Chairs, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- New York Life – Wendy Wong – Managing Director
- Sandia National Laboratories – Mark Sellers – Associate Laboratory Director–Mission Assurance
- Sunrun, Inc. – George-Axelle Broussillon Matschinga – Director of Diversity & Inclusion
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – Balaji Ganapathy – Global Head, Chief Social Responsibility Officer, Diversity and Inclusion Executive Leader
- Ulmer & Berne LLP – Timothy J. Downing – Chief Diversity Officer
- Walmart, Inc. – Greg Smith – Executive Vice President, Walmart Supply Chain
- WellStar Health System – Dr. Andrew Lee – Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer